Saturday 13 February 2010

oh dear



I have become one of those strange women who carry scissors in their handbag - no, not as a weapon but so I can cut down and collect things that inteest me while I drive down country lanes to school. I love the silhouette of these cow parsley seed heads that grow in the hedgerows and successfully cut some down a few days ago. My first attempt to just pick them without scissors was pathetic and I nearly fell in a ditch. Not so good on the way to school. I have been drawing them and their spidery-ness with my lovely Rotoring pen. I have to keep this pen hidden unless both kids are asleep as nothing is sacred and I know my eldest in particular would love to get his mitts on it. But he presses really hard with pens and would doubtless break it. Look, here is an initial scribble drawing, apologies for poor photography, my scanner is broken.

I have been starting my stash bustin - been drawing out plans for beach bags, and little child dresses, but am so tired after another 4am start courtesy of my daughter....I am just off for a nap with her now.

2 comments:

  1. I usually carry embroidery scissors with me for emergency embroidery sessions!

    Can totally relate to this: -->>"I have to keep this pen hidden unless both kids are asleep as nothing is sacred and I know my eldest in particular would love to get his mitts on it. But he presses really hard with pens and would doubtless break it."

    I need to patch up some walls with paint, and want to do a mural, but can't do it when the kids are home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes , and then I expect it is too dark to do it once they are asleep !

    ReplyDelete