Tuesday 13 April 2010

Toddler Wrap dress

I was lucky to win this pretty floral fabric in Zoe's online fabric swap. It came from Sarah and after making the dress, I still have enough left over to make something else as well - plus Sarah kindly included some pretty ribbon that I am planning to use on some little summer trousers (for Little One,not me).



I decided to make a dress for my little girl and chose to make this wrap dress from a pattern by the very clever Melissa from tinyhappy I like the idea of a dress that can grow with the child. It is also something she can wear over leggings or trousers - my daughter is not a fan of dresses generally and I felt this was not too girly. The pattern and instructions are really easy to follow. The most time consuming bit is making the binding but I confess I quite like make binding at the moment. It's a good job to do when I want to make something but not think too hard.

Here it is on the little one who cannot stand still
and whose hands are fast as lightning (#everybody was kung-fu fighting#)
And can you see in the background where she has done an enormous scribble drawing up the wall? Tee hee

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! It is adorable!! Thanks so much for letting me know it got used! (I still haven't gotten to my own swap-gained fabric!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute dress! I love the pattern and color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah for kind comment - I am looking forward to seeing what youmake from your fabric swap.
    Thank you Rose - I think the fabric makes the dress in this case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah lovely dress what a great idea!Your daughter looks similar age to my youngest!A dear friend has just made her a dress I will post it on my blog if she will pose in it:) x

    ReplyDelete