Thursday 27 May 2010

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside skirt


I made this skirt - we went into the fabric shop a couple of weeks ago and I spied this seaside themed furnishing fabric. I do like a seaside themed fabric. I only had enough money for half a metre- so I used the polka dot fabric to hem and as waist binding. I just used an exisitng skirt as a guideline and drew around it with tailor's chalk onto the fabric. I had just enough scrap left to make a pocket. (I love a pocket) and I now like one pocket asymmetry.
I have found this fabric creases quite a bit, but I still like it - I feel this is an ideal skirt for summer holidays, eating ice cream and building sandcastles. I hope to test this theory next week as it's half term and I plan a trip to the seaside.

3 comments:

  1. Nice summery skirt! I like the combination of the pale blue and the polka dots - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for kind comments - it;s a fun sjirt to wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love the skirt,love the polka dots with the seaside theme.I love the seaside.I bought my daughter a sewing machine in April and now her exams are over we are going to the rag market in Birmingham to buy some fabrics.I love your blog,I am neglecting mine at mo!x

    ReplyDelete