Wednesday 13 October 2010

Apple day




We recently went to a local apple day. We go every year to this and this year was one of the best so far. Maybe it was because Little I was finally big enough to have a real go at the children's activities. Both of the children made a pot on the potter's wheel.

T made a wooden spatula, this was a serious business, using real tools. I held my breath and restrained myself from squeaking "Be careful!".


We took a bag of apples we had picked and got two litres of fresh juice. I did a bit of shopping there too.
I bought this knitted hat for Little I. She was wearing last year's too small pink fleece hat.


This one seems to suit her much better and is nice and soft. I like my kids to wear hats especially as the weather gets colder.


You can see below it is a good hat for the playground.


I bought these mittens for myself - they are also very soft and were knitted by ladies in aid of the local hospice.





















Naturally with a three year old involved, the day ended with tears and an exhausted little girl having to go to bed at 4pm. That is possibly the sign of a good day out, that and the fact she woke up the next day asking to go back. Sorry, I had to say, Apple Day is only on once a year.



















4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time...love I's hat!
    Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about cute !(hat, gloves, little I & grown up hands helping a little potter!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A size 12 would be great! Thanks so much. If you want to send me an email i will email my list of patterns.
    Alexandramason17@yahoo.com

    Hope you are having a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for comments, the hat is proving to be great and being worn every day now. Little I was very cheesed off she couldn't do the woodwork. Alex, I will email you soon. (and get tracing)

    ReplyDelete