Friday 3 December 2010

Finished scarves



I have made three of these scarves so far for presents. The first one I made went a bit wrong on the ribbing where you divide your stiches and then rejoin to make the loop for threading the scarf through. But I have now got the knack of it. - hurray. The pattern is quick to knit and only takes 50g of wool so is a good one for using up your stash. I have also enjoyed knitting these as it is so portable and easy to do when waiting outside school, or watching tv. The hardest part was taking the photos as my self timer has stopped working.

5 comments:

  1. Love your scarfs! going to have a look at the pattern. Hope you are keeping warm. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex,it is a really quick pattern to knit up.
    I am keeping the first scarf where I went wrong as I didn't want to give a not very good knit as a gift andI have been wearing it a lot! I am wearing lots of layers to keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. Lucky friends! PS I like your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh, lovely! I love how in sync we are ... I've been making a similar pattern to give friends, too -- and made 3 so far! The eventual plan is to keep one for myself, but we'll have to see if I don't get tired of the pattern first :-P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuteness! What a great idea for gift-knitting!

    ReplyDelete