Saturday 22 January 2011

Refashioned T shirt

Before
After
So, you may have noticed in my last post that I mentioned receiving a box of clothes in the post. Well, after some inital confusion, it turned out they were from a friend who decided to donate to me and said some of them are for refashioning. (Thank you Emma, you are very lovely)
This was my first attempt. I am slightly obsessed about yokes and have been thinking about combining jersey knits with wovens. So I decided this long sleeved brown t-shirt gave me the perfect opportunity to have a play around. Here's the result. I used the shirt front pattern from the Built by Wendy Sew U book and traced a yoke adding my own curve. I then sewed it onto the shirt with a zigzag stitch and cut away the original neckband. I toyed with the idea of adding the apples fabric to the cuffs but decided that could push it into the realm of twee-ness.
Thank you to those who entered my giveaway. Bodthepod is getting the Sew magazine and Ali's name was picked out of the bowl (highly scientific method) to recieve the Burda mag.

4 comments:

  1. That t shirt is unrecognisable! So great to feel completely free to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful re-fashion! that apple fabric is gorgeous. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a completely new lease of life! It looks great & far more "you". I love following your refashions - sounds like there could be more to come?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Does the neck still have enough stretch?

    ReplyDelete