Friday 27 May 2011

I am back

This is a view I have been looking at A LOT for the past few weeks. Little I had a (second hand, of course) bike for her birthday and she rides it to preschool everyday. I am glad to report we have now got a basket strapped to the back so her doll no longer has to be tied on with a bit of string but can ride in more style.



I have been busy sewing while offline - pictured is a Simplicity 2599 top I made from a piece of fabric that I found in my Devon binbags. I only had a small piece and was just able to cut the top out.I ditched the facings for both neck and armholes and instead did a tiny hand rolled hem on each. This has become one of my go-to tops now and I wear it several times a week.


Other misadventures include a morning in A &E last week when Little I swallowed a 1p coin. Ah, the joy of parenting. She had an x-ray to check where it was, then we were left to let nature take its course. (Which it did, I will spare you the details)


I have more sewing to show you soon, and a giveaway to celebrate being back online again.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Good to see you again!! Love the Simplicity 2599 - it is such a star pattern & I love your take on it.
    Funny times with coins & digestive systems ... I remember it well, although my now 22 year old would probably prefer I keep the experience to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! And that is one cute Simplicity 2599!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you! Glad to see your computer problems have been rectified and the child/coin one too! ;) That top looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very glad you are back! And intrigued by the 2599 with no facings. Can you post close ups of the rolled hem? Also I love your new banner at the top, I've just made some yoyos + buttons myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your back! Great top! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see you! Nice top too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back. :) Your top is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the lovely comments. I am trying to be better at replying to them all individually! Mommy en france - I will post those pics soon.

    ReplyDelete