Friday 24 June 2011

Days 22 - 24

Here we are again, a quick catch up before I go to "Healthy Tots" group (yes, what an awful name) in the local library. It is a strange mix of library, planting seeds and eating foods with an obligatory story or two and sing song. Bonus is Little I loves it. I quite like the vicarious thrill of small children playing with potting compost and eating spinach...in a library! Could we sow seeds in the carpet?? Anarchy beckons



Day 22 - I had to go on a visit to a farm today. T's school are lucky enough to do lessons at an organic farm and today parents were invited for the afternoon. We went on a plant hunt, did a quiz, and then had to dissect and label a poppy. We came home with a bag of broad beans that T's class had sowed and harvested. I had to wear something sensixble for walking across the fields

Me Made Nautical stripey tee based on a pattern from the Sew U Home Stretch book. Refashioned glittery red cardigan made from a sweater.

Day 23 - tidying up, this was my chant as I picked up small things from T's bedroom floor "lego, lego, playmobil, lego, cereal, meccano....playmobil, lego, lego" Sound familiar?



Sorry for the blurry photo, I am not sure why that happened.

Me Made trousers from Built by Wendy book, Simplicity 2245 Portfolio top.


Day 24: Me made dress using the dirndl block from Built By Wendy Dresses book. I found the fabric in a charity shop last summer. This dress has french seams on the skirt, so it looks nice on the inside too. I cheated a bit and made a snap fastener at the back instead of a zip.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely dress. :) Have I mentioned before that I really like your colorful cardis? I love how they brighten up your outfits... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of the Healthy Tots class! Anarchy beckons, indeed! I agree, the dress looks beautiful. So nice with the cardigan and belt to tie it all together =).

    ReplyDelete