Monday 12 September 2011

Self stitched September catching up

Thursday 8th September - Simplicty 3835 made with charity shop curtains.











Friday 9th September - Simplicity 3835 made with Amy Butler fabric







So, another catch up with September pictures. I have tried to wear skirts and bare legs the last couple of days while I still can. The Amy Butler top I made last week. I had the fabric in my stash and the colours fit with my autumn FESA planning. Simplicity 3835 is so quick and simple to sew up. It is my no-brainer, pattern block to sew when I want to have a wearable top quickly. The top hangs slightly stiffly as it is quilting cotton
and so the sleeves puff up a bit too much at time. But the colours and pattern compensate for the awkward fabric.
Saturday 10th September - Me made stripey tee (Sew U Home Stretch), me made denim skirt (Sew Hip Magazine Summer 2009), me made jersey scarf






I am excited about the response to our Birmingham meet up...excited and a bit of trepidation. 11th September by MinnadoSunday 11th September - Me Made top from Simplicity 2295 with vintage lace trim from stash. Self drafted skirt. Both fabrics were from my bin bag stash.

3 comments:

  1. I love the boat fabric!!!It matches the cardi so well too.You look very chic and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boat skirt looks great with that cardi! Also, I like your new top with the circles/dots. That sleeve-length looks really good on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see your boat skirt. You know I also think that you've got the autumn wardrobe right- longer sleeve tops. I'm already wearing tights. Boo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete