Sunday 31 March 2013

FO: Paris in Spring skirt

This teeney piece of vintage Paris street scence fabric has been lingering in my stash for a couple of years.  Too small to be a skirt for me, it was destined for Little I. 


On sunday when tidying up and seeing it still lying on my bookshelf I snapped, put the baby in the highchair, got Little I to dance in front of the baby to keep her entertained,  and pulled out my sewing machine. 

The quickest simplest skirt.  There wasn't enough fabric to use a pattern, so, just one side seam, top casing and a hem, then elastic in the casing and ta-dah!  I do like it when I finally get a lingering project done. 



5 comments:

  1. Cute! Just the thing for spring. :) Thanks again for the tin. I passed along a Liebster blog award to you just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt...I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love this fabric! Little I has quite the starlet persona! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! And very nice modeling work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how she looks so delighted. :)

    ReplyDelete